Monday, November 5, 2012

My Favorite Season of All ....

I know so many people get hyped up about Summer; lounging around pools, heading off to beaches, having barbecues and working on tans are all great, but I do not get excited about the heat. I'm sure that if I were to live elsewhere may favorite season just might be different, but as a life-long resident of Michigan, my most favorite season of all is .... FALL!



I have so many great childhood memories of my sister and I playing in the leaves of the giant Maple tree in my Grandparents' back yard. I can remember how much I loved to observe the leaves changing from green, to shades of yellow and orange and even fire red. As they fell they would scatter across the entire yard and my sister, Katie, and I could spend hours out there raking and jumping in the leaves. I miss those days :)
Fall also reminds me of trips up to my Great-Grandparents' cabin in Cadillac, MI. Driving through country roads lined with all types of trees, covered in different hues. It was beautiful!

Fall in Michigan seems to bring out the best in people and families. We have tons of cider mills scattered throughout our state and it really brings everyone together. It is pretty much a tradition in most households. This was one of my favorite cider mills to go to as a child: (http://www.spicerorchards.com/)


I can remember the trips we took there, my parents and my sister and I. These were some wonderful childhood memories.  There was so much to look forward to.....
Cider and fresh, warm donuts.


I can remember my Father lifting us up to the trees to pick apples in the orchard :)


And of course there were hayrides, corn mazes and the petting farm. It is such a great way to spend a Saturday or Sunday afternoon just enjoying family time. Along with enjoying the colors and activities of Fall.
Throughout my life Fall has always been so close to my heart. I was married in the Fall, I couldn't have imagined being wed any other time of year.



Also, one of my favorite photos of my son was taken in the Fall, in Frankenmuth, MI. My husband had some family out to visit from New York, so not only was this photo taken during my favorite time of year but it will also hold so many special memories.


I look forward to all the future Fall seasons I will be able to enjoy. I anticipate taking my son and future children on the cider mill adventures that I treasured so much as a child. But, most of all I look forward to those lazy Fall days of just driving and taking in the beauty of Fall in Michigan and watching the wonder of changing seasons in my son's eyes. 



No comments:

Post a Comment